Before starting the story I would like to tell you that this trip was planned and booked in 2hrs. So I would like to say If you have a mate, It’s never too late. And Google is a blessing. After googling almost 25 destination and hotel option I finally came across this one.
Mohal is a small village in Kullu District of Himachal Pradesh. The nearest bus stop is Bhuntar. It is not a very known place and that is why it is so delightful. I went to this trip with my sister and we were looking for a place that can give us a break from the heat in Delhi and should also be safe. To our surprise we came across not even a single tourist at this place but only local village people who were sweet and helpful. It is a place where you can relax and read. Enjoy morning walk in the Orchard. Visit the village people and share a smile.
How to Reach?
– By Bus/Car: The Distance between Delhi to Bhuntar is 740kms drive by road. The bus takes around 10 hrs to 14hrs to complete this journey depending upon on the operator, type of bus, stoppage, and traffic conditions. Buses from Delhi to Bhunter are available from 4:30 to 10PM. Traveling can be comfortable and easy as there are many types of Buses available for Travelers such as HIMSUTRA (VOLVO/ISUZU), HIM Gaurav Tata AC, Non-AC Seater, Volvo AC Seater and SemiSleeper, Volvo AC Semisleeper. For Bookings, you can go through HRTC website or Makemytrip Private bus services.
– By Flight: There are direct flights to Bhuntar Airport. Mohal from airport is a 15-20mins drive.
Where to stay?
– We stayed in the Devico Cottages, with mesmerising valley view surrounded by Orchard farms all around it. Devico Cottages offer 2 cottage options: 1. Double occupancy cottage with living space, Fire place, Clean big washrooms and a sweet little open kitchen, 2. Family Cottage, with 2 huge bedrooms, living space, seperate washrooms and everything for your comfortable stay. Devico serves home cooked food as per your request. Abhinav Sikka, the owner is quiet a gentlemen. He will not only take care of everything you need but will also help you with Taxi and Bus bookings.
– Another option is the Apple Valley Resorts, it is located on the main road and has River Side view. We went here for Lunch on our last day, and I can say a dinner on its open restaurant is something you must have.
What to do?
– Nature Park: Is a well-maintained park on riverside. You can enjoy your evening tea or maggi here, watching little ones play in the park.
– Tirthan Valley: You can drive down to Tirthan valley for trout fishing, as it is only an hour’s drive. Tirthan Valley also has waterfalls and trek options like Jalori Pass.
– Jalori Pass: At an altitude of 3120 meters, and is known as the steepest to drive in Himachal separating Kullu valley and Shimla valley. When here, you can enjoy a meal at Shringi Vatika.
– Sarloskar Lake: is a lake 5kms from Jalori Pass, and can be visited if you manage your time well.