Where to go?
Srinagar, the capital of Jammu and Kashmir. It lies in the Kashmir valley, on the banks on jhelum river. The city is famous for its gardens, lakes and houseboats.
Where to stay?
– To stay in one of the house boats atleast one night is a must.
However choosing a boat can be a challenge, as there are more than 1000 boats.
Kindly check the location/view and facilities provided in the houseboat.
We recommend you the Gurkha houseboat. It has royal spacious rooms.
– Taj Vivanta is as dreamy as it could be. The tariff starts from Rs.15k per night.
When to go?
Summers and Spring are the best time to visit Srinagar as it is very pleasant.
Winters can be a bit too cold and also has problem of blockage of roads.
*One Warning, please read the news before you plan your trip, as there are alot of curfew because of local issues.
What to do?
The exquisite Dal Lake and Mughal Gardens will make you believe why it is called the heaven of earth.
– Boating in the Dal Lake
– A visit to the Mughal Gardens of Jammu & Kashmir
– Hazratbal Shrine, is a mosque situated on the left bank of Dal Lake and is considered Kashmir’s holiest Muslim Shrine
– Martand Sun Temple
– Parasailing above the Dal Lake
– Take a trip around Wular lake and Manasbal lake
– Shop the famous Kashmiri Handlooms
If you cannot afford to stay in The Taj Vivanta, go for a coffee may be. and enjoy the most beautiful sunset of your lifetime.